Transport your dinner guests to the Italian Riviera with a dish they will love, recreate L’Americano Espresso Bar’s Signature Salad at home.
Featuring pieces of pan-fried pancetta, bursts of fresh citrus fruit and mint; each bite is salty, tangy and absolutely moreish. All of our dishes delicately balanced, prepared fresh and made with love.
Click here to make a reservation or to view the full menu.
For the salad:
120g mixed salad leaves
30g blood orange (if not in season, orange is a suitable alternative)
30g Danish feta
small handful of picked mint leaves
20g cherry tomatoes cut into quarters
¼ of a fennel bulb finely shaved
fresh Parmesan cheese to taste
15g pickled Spanish onion
For the dressing:
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon sea salt
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Cut pancetta into long strips. Using a hot fry pan add a drizzle of olive oil and fry until the pancetta is crisp.
2. Place pancetta strips aside on a plate to cool and pat off any excess oil with paper towel.
3. Once the pancetta strips have cooled, place these in a large bowl with the remaining salad ingredients. Toss the salad to combine.
4. Make the salad dressing in a small bowl, combine lemon juice, Dijon mustard, pepper, salt and olive oil.
5. Drizzle salad dressing onto your salad to taste.
6. To finish use a Microplane to shave fresh parmesan on top.
7. Pair with a nicely chilled glass of Prosecco and enjoy!