Coco Republic Property Styling’s latest project, an elegant family home located in Sydney’s up-market harbour-side suburb of Mosman, has been installed with a comfortable, coastal “Hampton’s” style scheme to ensure this home stands out on the market.
I speak with the brains behind this celebrated scheme, Coco Republic Property Stylist Jenny Conroy, on creating a Hampton’s style look for your home
What made you choose a “Hampton’s Inspired” style design scheme for this home?
The style was chosen to accentuate the relaxed yet elegant style of this luxury, coastal property with an emphasis on comfortable family living. The architectural features we also aimed to enhance were the high ceilings, the beautiful grey oak flooring throughout, the paneled walls and industrial edge lighting. The connection between the interior and exterior spaces was also an important feature of the property so we created a strong link and flow between them with our furniture selections – bringing the inside out and the outside in.
Creating this look in your own home, what are your top-tips?
1. Select a tonal neutral colour scheme for the scheme throughout the home. Consider changing the doors, architraves and windows to a wood finish in a light timber, as a highlight.
2. Apply a grey washed or dark stained to timber floors and wall paneling. Add detailed cornices and skirting boards to create character.
3. Accent your interior design scheme with industrial lighting.
4. Mix up textures with raw linen fabrics, natural sisal floor rugs, metallic finishes (bronze and brass), whitewashed timbers furniture pieces, and natural stone bench tops
5. Accessorise throughout your home with interesting “found” pieces and curiosities. Artwork is important to finish off spaces: select pieces that evoke a sense of a relaxed coastal environment such as coral or driftwood.