This intensive three day course will help you master colour schemes with confidence and finesse. Immerse yourself in the world of colour, implementing theory to develop sublime interior and exterior spaces. Develop professional skills required to create balanced colour palettes for traditional and contemporary aesthetics and discover how to effectively read and mix paint colours. This interactive course will teach you everything you need to know about colour including how to find undertones and the right white for your space. Build colour confidence and master the art of colour schemes with practical activities led by an experienced design professional. In our intimate class setting, students will be tasked with a real client brief to propose a colour scheme and we’ll provide all materials and course notes. Not only will you leave with a certificate but also a wealth of knowledge and insight into the colour industry and the ability to form a colour palette for a home. This course is held on campus, Friday to Sunday.
- History of colour
- Colour and light
- The three dimensions of colour
- The Grey Scale
- Understanding the Colour Wheel
- Colour undertones
- Colour matching
- Colour and mood
- The psychology of colour
- Colour trends for the season and the future
- Grey: the new neutral - finding the right grey
- Working with whites
- Developing colour schemes
- Implementing a colour scheme for an interior or exterior
- Room structures and architectural features
- Analysing and interpreting a client brief
- Creating a professional client colour scheme style board
Suitable for those wanting to advance in a career in design or personal interior projects.
Our educators are industry leaders, practising interior designers and experts in the field.